The Ibanez AMP series are some of the most popular AMPs on the market. They are especially well known for their versatility and durability.
These amps have been in production since the 1950s, so there is a lot of experience that went into them – this means they can be depended upon to get the job done, no matter what it may be.
The Ibanez AMP line has expanded over time to include many different types of models and power levels, which makes them an attractive option for any musician or music lover. Ibanez is also known for being a little bit cheaper than your Fender or Gibson but it still has significant sound quality.
A Brief History of Ibanez
Ibanez is a Japanese brand that makes guitars and everything that has to do with guitars. Due to its significant properties, the brand got recognition on a large scale.
It received bulk orders from Europe, and the USA. It is the first brand that produces seven-string and eight-string guitars.
The brand started its operation at a book store in 1908. With the passage of time, the brand extended its operations to music instruments. Around 1935 the company only produced Spanish-style acoustic guitars.
One of these guitars was given the brand name of “Ibanez Salvador” in the honor of luthier Salvador Ibanez. Which later on become famous with the brand name of Ibanez.
Modern music instruments like guitars, amps, etc started production from 1957 to 1960 by Suzuki violin and Guyatone. From there on the business only expanded to now a worldwide instrument brand.
Are Ibanez AMPs good?
Yes, they are. They may not be the best amplifier on the market, but if you’re looking for something that has a proven track record and will get the job done, Ibanez amps will likely exceed your expectations for a decent price! (and even if they don’t – you’ll still get years of reliable use out of them).
Deciding if an Ibanez amplifier will be good for you personally depends on what type of sound you’re looking for. They do offer a lot in terms of flexibility and versatility, but they really excel when it comes to metal tones.
Many users claim that the “gritty” sounds associated with metal are intensified with this brand, which is exactly what most guitarists want to hear when trying out new equipment.
The Ibanez AMP series is definitely worth trying out especially if you play loud styles like punk or metal.
The durability factor alone makes them an attractive option due to their ability to sound good even after years and years of using them. So, are they good? It depends on who you ask – most will agree that they’re powerful and sturdy
Where Are Ibanez Amplifiers Made?
As already mentioned, Ibanez is a Japanese musical instrument manufacturing brand. Founded in 1908, The headquarter is located in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan.
The brand manufactures different types of musical instruments such as guitars, amplifiers, and different pedals as well as anything else that has to do with playing guitar.
Besides Japan, the company has subsidiary manufacturing units in different parts of the world. Like in China, the United States of America and Indonesia. Custom shops of Ibanez are also available in Los Angeles USA.
It is worth mentioning that in every country mentioned above different types of musical instruments are manufactured. Such as the “prestige series” is made in Japan and Kora. While in the USA “LACS” guitars are manufactured.
Pros of Ibanez AMPs Compared To Other Brands
Ibanez amps are popular throughout the world. Most people like the brand and are fond of it. The brand has a long history of success. Besides Ibanez amplifiers, there are other multiple brands available. Like Washburn, Fender, and Gibson.
Here we will compare Ibanez amplifiers to other brands and we will discuss the advantages of Ibanez amps over other brands.
- Sound: If we compare the sound of Ibanez Band amplifiers to other brands. The sound quality matches up to brands like Fender and even Marshall amplifiers. Especially playing with Ibanez amplifiers on distortion sounds really good. When it is distorted, you can hear they really nailed the sound that it’s supposed to make when distorted.
- Usage: As compared to other amplifiers the Ibanez amplifiers are very easy to use. It does not matter, whether you are a beginner or an expert. You can easily use it. While other brands sometimes require expertise to operate.
- Quality: It is mandatory to check the overall quality as well as sound quality while buying an amplifier. But when it comes to buying an Ibanez amplifier, you don’t really have to worry about it. It’s is always good to check if the sound fits your style and hear the differences between the different models and price ranges.
- Price: The price of Ibanez amps is really good when compared to other brands and their quality. If you cannot afford a new one. You can always buy a used one at a good price since Ibanez amplifiers tend to sound good for a very long time.
- Music Styles: You can play different types of music styles on Ibanez AMPs. Like Country music, Heavy Metal, Blues, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, etc.
- Other Features: Other features of the Ibanez Amplifier are good and up to the mark. If we take an example of a single feature i.e. the equalizer feature. You can use it for both channels at the same time. Also, the shape is good and adorable.
Cons of Ibanez AMPs Compared to Other Brands
Based on the research done from different review websites some people complained about the Ibanez amps. However, this is based on the personal experiences of people. Some common disadvantages of Ibanez amps compared to other brands are mentioned below.
- Weight: Most people complained about the weight of Ibanez amplifiers. They claim that these amps are heavier than other brands..
- Appealing Design: Some people wrote about the design and looks of the Ibanez Amps. They write that some designs are not as appealing as other brands.
Some Good Ibanez AMPs
Ibanez AMPs consist of different categories such as solid-state, tube, and modeling amplifiers. The price may vary with the specification increase.
For a specific tone, you will need a different type of amplifier. So, it depends upon your personal taste. We are mentioning some good Ibanez AMPs below.
- Ibanez TSA 15H tube screamer
- Ibanez 10B 10 W Bass Amp
- Ibanez 10G guitar Amp
- Ibanez RG
- Ibanez Tone Blaster series
Besides these models, there are a lot of other good Ibanez amplifiers in Bass combos, guitar heads, Guitar combo, Bass combo, and acoustic amps.
Playing and listening to music is one of the important parts of our daily life. Therefore it is mandatory to listen to and play quality music on quality instruments.
When it comes to quality, Ibanez musical instruments are a good option to play and hear with.
While talking about the Ibanez amplifiers.They are really good and it is recommended for everyone who wants to play music.